Working closely with the Director, Design and Construction, Development Director and Senior Development Management staff, you will be responsible for the implementation of strategy, including coordination of design, identification and implementation of value management initiatives, buildability and contract tender and award. You will have accountability and responsibility from project inception to handover including planning, project scope, programme, budget, quality and risk with each project team.
- Reviewing feasibility documentation/ analysis and make recommendations to the senior leadership team for advancing projects.
- Coordination of consultants and the internal design team to prepare documentation for submission of Planning Permit applications and the associated processes.
- Coordination of consultants and design team to prepare contract of sale documentation for sales and preparation of the Plan of Subdivision.
- Coordination of consultants and design team to prepare design and construct documentation to bring the project to a stage ready for tender and construction award.
- Prepare tender documentation package and procure the overall construction works.
- Reviews architectural drawings, specifications and construction cost items.
- Coordinate early works packages to ensure that the overall construction works can commence with minimal or no disruption i.e. substation design, incoming services, demolition, adjoining owners’ consents.
- Builder engagement, coordination and communication throughout the building phase.
- Respond to design queries, sign samples, monitor quality and program on-site to ensure the project is delivered ‘as designed and promised’ for Practical Completion.
- Lead Quality Assurance.
- Project superintendent roles and responsibilities, where required.
- Conduct a value management process to identify and incorporate savings to the construction cost.
- Monthly reporting including status, key issues, program, variations, EOT’s and cash flow.
- In conjunction with an external quantity surveyor, assess and approve monthly progress claims. Present reports on progress.
- Management and leadership of site team undertaking quality and defect inspections.
- Coordinate the handover process for apartment inspection, defect management and delivery to enable settlement and occupancy of the building.
- Coordinate the transition to building occupancy and handover to the Operations Team.
- Manage the early post-completion defect process and any potential maintenance issues.
- Ensure Final Completion requirements are monitored and completed.
- Evaluate and assess result of project.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Engineering or Quantity Surveying (or equivalent).
- Considerable experience (10+ years) in either client-side project management consultancy or contractor side with highly refined project management skills across complex construction projects from inception to handover.
- A sound understanding of the contractual importance of language.
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools.
Critical thinking, problem solving, project planning/delivery
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Proficiency with related project management software tools
Strong financial acumen and commercial smarts
- Participates in relevant annual budgeting and strategic planning, works effectively with internal team(finance, human resources, IT, and development).
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with unexpected events; Effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
Proven leadership skills with ability to motivate
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes imitative to accomplish goals.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Analytical and strong organizational skills
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Excellent verbal and written ability
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Able and willing to participate in conflict resolution/ contract negotiation.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
Assemble is a housing developer and community management business on a mission to make thoughtfully designed, sustainable homes more accessible to more people. With a deep respect for people and place, we create communities that embrace diversity, reflect local culture, and nurture a stronger sense of ownership and belonging.
We are a tight-knit multidisciplinary team passionate about providing well-designed and attainable homes across Melbourne’s inner-city suburbs and maintaining a high-quality experience for our residents and community is key.
We value our people, offer competitive salaries and career progression opportunities so you can grow alongside us.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Project Manager”.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.