This newly created role will be tasked with managing all social media channels across Assemble and Assemble Papers. Social media is a crucial tool for generating awareness and interest from prospective residents in our projects, cultivate community, interact with new audiences and strengthen our position as a housing provider working to build a better, fairer housing system.
Under the direction of the Media & Communications Manager, with a dotted line to the Digital Marketing Manager and in alignment with the business overarching strategy and brand identity, you will coordinate all social media content (including visual assets) that reflect Assemble’s values. The role will also support the Media & Communications Manager in driving media activity and crafting content to support Assemble’s corporate positioning strategy.
Responding to the overarching content and corporate positioning strategy, the Social Media Coordinator will create engaging content to advance the brand identity, broaden awareness and increase visibility amongst national audiences. Together with the wider marketing and editorial teams, you will drive the impact of our social media presence, engaging new audiences and communities online while strengthening Assemble’s reputation as a forward-thinking leader in the space of affordable housing.
- Coordinate the Assemble and Assemble Papers social media program, including developing and executing the social media plan in line with the corporate positioning plan, project marketing requirements, and the Assemble Papers editorial strategy
- Create and maintain a dynamic social media schedule, ensuring content is tailored appropriately for each channel and adheres to the content style and brand guidelines
- Craft, curate and repurpose existing content (such as blogs, campaign content, thought leadership articles, media partnerships, etc.) and create fresh, multimedia content as necessary
- Support the Media & Communications Manager with media engagement and general content creation for the Assemble brand
- Conduct ongoing social listening activities, setting up monitoring and reporting to inform the future social media strategy
- Create a regular reporting structure that analyses meaningful data and identifies clear improvements and optimisation of activity (both at a local and national level)
- Monitor and respond promptly and effectively to social media enquiries
- Research, connect and develop relationships with social media partners
- Develop best practices across the platforms using a clear testing approach, to maximise social media efforts on a continual basis
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years in a communication and/or social media role
- Tertiary qualification in communications, journalism, or a similar field preferred
- Experience, expertise or passion for housing, urbanism, the environment social impact and justice, and community engagement
- Proven track record of crafting highly engaging digital and social content
- A natural storyteller; someone who seizes opportunities to tell and strengthen brand stories through interesting and unique ways
- Strong editing skills across film and photography
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Understanding of what makes a brilliant concept and how to translate this visually
- A passion for your craft, an interest in testing new things and a hunger to find inspirational ways to push boundaries
- Strong understanding of the latest cultural and design trends
- Noticing opportunities outside of the brief and bringing those ideas to the table
- Complete understanding of end-to-end design and production processes, across all digital and social channels
- Ability to produce work to a high standard in a flexible and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with a diverse range of cross-functional teams across marketing, social media, building development, finance and community
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Adobe Premiere or other editing packages
Why join Assemble:
Assemble is a housing developer and community management business on a mission to make thoughtfully designed, sustainable homes more accessible to more people. With a deep respect for people and place, we create communities that embrace diversity, reflect local culture, and nurture a stronger sense of ownership and belonging.
We are a tight-knit multidisciplinary team passionate about providing well-designed and attainable homes across Melbourne’s inner-city suburbs and maintaining a high-quality experience for our residents and community is key.
We value our people, offer competitive salaries and career progression opportunities so you can grow alongside us.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.